![]() |
| The attractive and alluring Lisa Luther. |
Waaaaaay back in December I participated in my sister's pay-it-forward competition on her blog. Much to my surprise I won! (She SWEARS it was legit, that Mark picked the names. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) Anyhow, it's now my turn to pay it forward.
Now, paying it forward for Meredith is a great deal for the lucky recipient because she's a talented potter and she is able to "pay out" some of the much desired fruits of her labor...i.e. some very nice pottery. I'm not so talented, but I can do some crafty things.
One of those crafty items is a Hawaiian lei hat band. I learned to crochet these from my friend Betty. Betty once lived in Hawaii and she learned from a native on Oahu. These can be used as hat bands, as leis or as headdresses. Some creative types have even been known to use them as boas for sock monkeys. The sky's the limit! (I hear the escaped Boa from the Bronx reptile exhibit even longs for one...especially on cold nights!)
Anyhooo if you're interested in being the proud recipient of a hand crocheted Hawaiian lei hat band leave a message in the comments. (Hat not included....you'll have to supply your own.) Let me know what colors you might prefer and I'll pick THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ONE just for you!!
![]() |
| Shades of orange and green |
![]() |
| Turquoise, blue, black and white combos |
![]() |
| Lots of purple/blue combinations |








11 comments:
don't put me in pot since I have two of these that I wear on my winter hat- but people you had better put your name in for something fun!
You are very talented, I love these and the fourth one down in turquoise would be wonderful on my straw hat which I still have from my lavender farming days. They are all beautiful. These are really fun and cheery too, just what we need nowadays.
Those are fun Leslie. Do you also make long scarves like that? Summer hat weather is almost here.
Hello - hi - purple please? "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go..". This old broad doesn't find the red hat a necessity - but purple, purples and purple-ey - that's a color to live by. Love the lei hatbands!
wow, Leslie!! These are fun I like all the colors
Hi Leslie, the leis are great. I would love one in fall colors theme, especially oranges. I love the one to the rear that's pictured. I can be the best dress witch at Halloween...
I want to enter so badly, but the women in my family have been sentenced to an abnormally large head that never fits hats not special ordered. I tear up admitting I passed it on to my daughter. XL is not large enough.
Oh, Mrs. G, I'll enter you anyway. Think Christmas gift! Besides you can always wear it as a lei.
Adorable and perfect for the Hawaiian themed party my boss throws every summer! I'm thinking bright blue...
Okay Les, Given my being a member of the wild and wonderful Pink Ladies cheering at certain running races where we can not have enough pink, put me in for the pinkest one with a dash of purple. ... My favorites include the 2nd in brown and 4th in peacock. You need to come to the breast cancer Mad Hatter Tea Party this year!
And the winners are...Linda Starr, Bonber, Jennie and Katherine (aka Kobby). Please send your address to me at lwilliams315@gmail.com. Kobby you can just drive out and pick yours up! Thanks for playing along everyone and I hope you enjoy them. Now, your job is to pay it forward to five other people. It can be a trinket or a favor. Just pay it forward and keep this going.
Post a Comment