Saturday, October 20, 2012

Uncle...enough already.



I am soooo tired of this political season I could spit. I knew who I was going to vote for months ago. The "debates" are not clarifying as much as they are annoying. Now, for the first time they've been turned into a shout-fest. No doubt the"brilliance" of Karl Rove at work. Jeeeez Louise can we have a little decorum returned to the forum?
I am sick of political ads. I don't look at any of them for either side.
I am sick of the junk mail painting all the opponents as devils with or without a blue dress.
JUST END THIS MESS!

At the risk of being repetitive I will post here the poem I wrote last election season. It still seems fitting. Just imagine it's November 1 and we have a few short days to go:

Wednesday

I can’t wait for Wednesday and the silence of the phone.
No incessant ringing and the politicians’ drone.
I’ll be unencumbered by the shrieking of the ads
That play on t.v. and on radio; they’re driving me quite mad.
I will treasure all the silence; I will revel in the quiet
I can’t wait for the non-ringing, yes I really want to try it.
I will thank the stars above for bringing to an end
Yet another endless cycle of the politicians ginned-
Up promises of votes they’ll make on issues big and small
That they tell us will improve the lives of not just one but all.
So bring on the silent Wednesday, and give my ears a rest.
Then take the promises that each has voiced and put them to the test. 

We need some serious revamping of our political system. Anyone else for term limits and limited contributions and a shortened political season? Who's with me? Anyone? Bueller??

Sigh....

No comments: